Mitrex, a GTA-based solar technology manufacturer, is introducing a patented solution that can transform a building’s exterior into a vertical, self-sufficient power system. As part of the company’s commitment to a net-zero carbon future, the immediate focus is on pioneering renewable energy solutions for the construction industry.
The company’s patented building-integrated photovoltaic technology (BIPV) – via solar cladding and glass railing – extends a building’s energy-generating potential from rooftops down to vertical walls.
The Mitrex solar cladding materials can retain the same esthetic as its non-energy-producing counterparts, and can mimic various construction materials such as concrete, timber, or stucco. This allows building owners, architects, and developers to embrace and profit from solar energy without compromising beauty.
Other key benefits of Mitrex’s solar solutions include:
- lowering future energy costs
- Strong environmental impact: 13 million kWh of green energy can be produced from one building in 30 years
- Contributes to LEED points and reduces building emissions since single-function materials become multi-functional
- Excellent wind resistance, high safety standards, bird-friendly
- Year-round fabrication and installation capability